PSI Alliance counts down to june conference
6th may 2009
Places for the PSI Alliance Conference are filling up fast and members of industry are being encouraged to book before the end of May in order to receive a discount on their attendance fee.
The Conference, which is taking place on 25th June in Brussels, will hear from speakers providing expert insight into the PSI arena, including:
- § Javier Hernandez-Ros, Head of Unit, Access to Information, European Commission
- o Re-Use of PSI: Review of Progress and Next Steps
- § Jennifer Skilbeck (UK), Barrister-at-Law, Monckton Chambers
- o Competition and public procurement rules as they affect PS
- § Pia Bergdahl (Sweden), Swedish Competition Authority
- o The Swedish Experience: A Fair and Level Playing Field
- § Stasa Curk (Slovenia), Ministry for Public Information, Slovenia
- o The redress mechanism and challenges posed by the Re-Use of PSI Directiv
- § Harry Otten (Netherlands), President, MeteoGroup
- o Data Access and Pricing in the Netherland
- § Michael Nicholson, Managing Director, Intelligent Addresing
- o The Benefits of PSI Alliance membership
Rolf Nordqvist, Chair of the PSI Alliance said,
“We are delighted we have had such strong interest in this year’s PSI Alliance Conference, and the broad representation that we have from private sector, officials and press will ensure for a lively and positive debate on the future of Public Sector Information in the European Union.
“Private sector attendees that sign up before 1st June will receive a substantial discount on the attendance fee so we encourage you to do so as soon as possible.”
Notes to Editors
- § The PSI Alliance is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation, founded in January 2008 by a number of private companies using PSI as part of their business.
- § The aim of the Alliance is to achieve fair and open access to PSI in such a way as to maximise innovation, choice and enterprise for the benefit of all: public sector, private sector and citizen.
- § The PSI Alliance annual conference is to be held on Thursday 25th June from 10am – 4pm in the Residence Palace, Brussels.
- § For more information about the conference and to reserve a place please contact Harriet Crosthwaite via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com