PSI Alliance Announces June Conference Line Up
7th April 2009
The PSI Alliance has published the stellar speaking line up for its annual conference which will be held on 25th June in Brussels. The theme for the conference is Where now for the re-use of Public Sector Information (PSI)? and attendees will hear a range of industry leaders give their thoughts on the future of the PSI debate.
Speakers at the conference include:
- § Javier Hernandez-Ros, Head of Unit, Access to Information, European Commission
- § Jennifer Skilbeck, Barrister-at-Law, Monckton Chambers
- § Pia Bergdahl, Swedish Competition Authority
- § Stasa Curk, Ministry for Public Information, Slovenia
- § Harry Otten, President, MeteoGroup
- § Michael Nicholson, Managing Director, Intelligent Addresing
The announcement of the PSI Alliance’s annual conference comes as the European Commission prepares to publish its latest communication on the Re-Use of PSI Directive, which sets minimum rules for the re-use of PSI throughout the European Union.
Rolf Nordqvist, Chair of the PSI Alliance said,
“We are delighted to publish our annual conference programme and to announce the top flight speakers who will be presenting at the conference. The event provides a real opportunity for private sector attendees to discover what the future holds in store for the Public Sector Information agenda and to adjust their business models accordingly.
“The European Commission communication on the Re-Use of PSI Directive expected in the coming months will ensure that PSI remains high on the EU legislative agenda, and we are looking forward to debating this and other important issues at our conference in June.”
Notes to Editors
- § The PSI Alliance is an independent, non-governmental, not-for-profit organisation, founded in January 2008 by a number of private companies using PSI as part of their business.
- § The aim of the Alliance is to achieve fair and open access to PSI in such a way as to maximise innovation, choice and enterprise for the benefit of all: public sector, private sector and citizen.
- § The PSI Alliance annual conference is to be held on Thursday 25th June from 10am – 4pm in the Residence Palace, Brussels.
- § For more information about the conference and to reserve a place please contact Harriet Crosthwaite via firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com